Tomasz Boral – certified masseur, personal trainer of martial arts and fitness, was born in the Chinese year of the Tiger. His passions include: the culture of the Far East, anatomy, psychology, history of Poland, racing, extreme sports, life =)
Motto: “Never assume the result before the fight, but be prepared for it”
Certified massage therapist, personal trainer, kickboxing and fitness trainer. Born in Chinese Year of the Tiger.
I take my hat off to and enthusiastically greet every fan of the far-eastern systems of fight.
At the beginning, I would like to say “thank you” to everyone who paid a tribute to building this page.
The fruit of my work and the entire context of this page I dedicate to my most loyal Students who are an inexhaustible source of inspiration.
Thanks to making wonderful relations with my Adepts, I was able to broaden my horizons and was able to fully understand that martial arts aren’t only about fighting but are also a fascinating lifestyle.
It is mainly tradition, one’s outlook on life and a moral code. The students are my pride and it is why I would heartily thank them. I wish them a lot of success on this difficult road to understand themselves.
“If you want to drink, you need to do it alone. No description of water is able to replace it.”
I’d like this page to be a gift which will mobilize you emotionally to begin comprehensive work on your body and your mind.
I want to tell you something about myself and about my experience in martial arts, massage and modern, extreme sports.
My name is Tomasz Boral and I was born on 18th of February, in the Chinese year of the Tiger in Częstochowa.
My fascination of martial arts and the culture of the Far East started after the premiere of the cult movie, “Enter the Dragon”, which won the hearts of the viewers in Polish movie theatres. The main character and unbeaten master of the old, Chinese kung-fu wu-shu art Bruce Lee became an impulse which evoked the wish of learning self-defense techniques in that thin boy.
At the start, I was self-developing as an autodidact. I was learning from karate textbooks which were hard to obtain in that time.
I want to highlight that, in retrospect and my nearly 20-year experience, it is a bumpy road to learn and I definitely advise against choosing this way. I am absolutely convinced that the didactic matter of fighting and self-defense techniques should be left for highly qualified institutions. My training started officially when I was 13 and I joined a kick-boxing section.
During the Kick-boxing Championships of Poland in 1991 I was seriously injured in my hip-joint and lumbar.
In the result, it made me drop out of my leg technique training for some time. I was also made to contact the school of boxing and the student section of kung-fu wu-shu in Częstochowa. The year after my injury wasn’t gone yet when I started my training in the indigenous section of kick-boxing of my district.
I tried to confront the representatives of various and sundry fight systems during my competitor’s and coach’s career. Though, I have stuck to my guns – I have chosen kick-boxing and have been developing it till present.
Achievements in kick-boxing competitions and coaching
- 09/01/1988 – adept of the Kick-boxing Self-Defense Section in Częstochowa, led by Stanisław Zieliński (4th degree)
- 04/28/1991 – 1st place in the Interzonal Kick-boxing Championships of Poland (LUBLIN)
- 06/16/1991 – 3rd place in the 6th Kick-boxing Championships of Poland (LUBLIN)
- 03/01/1992 – 3rd place in the 2nd Qualification Tournament for the Championships of Poland (SOSNOWIEC)
- 09/01/1993 – 1995 – the assistant coach in the Kick-boxing Self-Defense Section in Częstochowa (participation and helping in leading the training of intervention techniques for the officers of the city guard in Częstochowa). Independent leading the classes with novice and athletes groups during the absence of the trainer in Poland
- 11/11/1999 – the instructor of strength workouts, certificate no. 0002953, certified by Spółdzielnia Pracy “Oświata” in Częstochowa.
- 05/23/2000 – license in the field of medical massage, no.06738, documented by Spółdzielnia Pracy “Oświata” in Częstochowa (8-month intership in a medical clinic in Częstochowa)
- 12/12/2000 – physiotherapy instructor, certificate no.0007489, given by Spółdzielnia Pracy “Oświata” in Częstochowa
- 05/20/2002 – sport instructor, the document has been registered in COS-Pion Programowo-Sportowy in Warsaw, no. 29/Cz.OZPN/S/PN/2002.
- 02/25/2003 – kick-boxing instructor (state permission), documented by the Ministry of National Education and Sport in Warsaw, no. 12942/I/S/2002
- 04/17/2004 – International Master Title 1st DAN in Kick-Boxing, confirmed by the Polish Kick-Boxing Association in Warsaw, no. 1387/1M/04 (challenger formula)
- 03/20/2007 – 04/06/2007 – experience as a masseur at the „Luna’s Skin and Med Spa” salon in Washington (state), USA, and practical training and perfecting Lomi-Lomi Nui – the Hawaiian art of massage (relaxing massage)
- 04/10/2007 – 07/18/2007 – stay in Chicago in order to make sport contacts. The start of cooperation with Joey De Grandis, the owner of the title “Box Master of the United States” and the three-time-repeated pretender for the Title of the Professional Master of the World (the opponent of D. Michalczewski). The share of experience and beliefs resulted in mutual working at the ring (covering and sparing forms)
- 04/10/2007 – 08/18/2007 – working as a masseur and a private trainer in the field of slimming gymnastics at the “VIVA Skin&Body Care” salon in Chicago.
- 05/17/2010 – Examinator of the Polish Kick-Boxing Association License, no. 033/E/2010
- 05/17/2010 – Prywatna Szkoła Walki “BACKFIST” received the licence (no.156) which allows to participate in sport, qualified under the act from 07/29/2005, released by the Polish Kick-Boxing Association
- 10/02/2010 – 10/03/2010 – seminary with the Grand Master, Richard Bustillo, Bruce Lee’s student, ŁÓDŹ
- 05/06/2011 – Stowarzyszenie Sztuk i Sportów Walki “BACKFIST” (the Association of Martial Arts and Sports “BACKFIST”) in Krajowy Rejestr Sądowy (the National Court Register)
- 08/01/2011 – 08/07/2011 – training for Jeet Kune Do instructors in the academy of martial arts of the Grand Master Richard Bustillo’s, Bruce Lee’s student – International Martial Arts and Boxing Academy, California, USA
- 08/08/2011 – 08/19/2011 – training under the watchful eye of the illustrious master, the creator of kick-boxing – sensei Benny Urquidez, California, USA